Thursday, June 19, 2008

Zoho and online word processing


So here I am, using the online word processor known as Zoho. This isn't the first time I've used an online word processor; Just a few months ago I discovered Google Docs for the first time. Personally, I'm a bit old fashioned and still prefer document creation on a local computer rather than using a service like this, but I definitely see the positives.

I'm not completely sure, but I think Zoho has more options than Google Docs! Both have the ability to save files as PDF, which I really could have used in library school a few times. Both Zoho and Google Docs also let you import Word documents from your own computer. This function works well enough for the average Word document, but if you're using lots of pictures and drawings, forget about it. It didn't handle my Email Basics handout very well, completely obliterating the notations I made on my screenshots.

I guess I'll use the space below to play around with the various toolbar buttons:



Horizontal rule! Hooray.

Bold text.

Italics!

Strikethrough. I don't know why, but I always have liked Strikethrough.

  1. Making a numbered list is fun.
  2. Except when it's not.
  3. Coming up with a third unwitty remark is particularly perplexing.

cool Emoticons. Everyone loves emoticons. innocent



All right. I've had my fun.

Update: (This is being edited in via Blogger) It seemed to work just OK. It cut off my last sentence which said "Let's see how well this looks in my actual blogspot post." No big loss, but things like that and the extra spaces between paragraphs are reasons why I wouldn't use Zoho to make a blog post.

No comments: