Friday, June 27, 2008

It's podcastic.

I know, I know. I'm not even trying with my blog subjects anymore.

Podcasts are awesome. I was a bit late with discovering them for myself, but I don't know of any other way that would make my commute to work fly by so quickly, let alone my trips to Gainesville.

Most of the podcasts I listen to are video game related. They're usually drenched with profanity and therefore nothing I'm going to share here in my work blog, but they are thoroughly entertaining. Aside from that, though, I recently discovered that many of NPR's shows are available in podcast form. I subscribed to both Car Talk and Talk of the Nation's Science Friday a few weeks ago and am glad that I did.

As far as library-related podcasts go, I subscribed to the Library 2.0 Gang a few months back. It was OK, although I definitely don't enjoy it as much as other podcasts. Since they do their podcast over Skype, the voice quality varies from person to person and it can be difficult to listen to.

I subscribe to all of these podcasts using a program called ZENcast Organizer, which came with my mp3 player. It really comes in handy because it automatically downloads the latest podcasts and deletes old ones from my mp3 player.

1 comment:

i_love_lamp said...

profanity-filled video game podcasts? i'm intrigued.