I've seen del.icio.us around for a few years now, but it took this 23 Things project to force me to learn about it. It seems like a great idea. There have been a few times where I've gone on a trip somewhere and wished I had the bookmarks I use. Of course, the vast majority of the bookmarks I have in my browser at home are probably old and outdated by now. One of my biggest problems is that I accumulate all these links and never visit them again after a few days/weeks of use.
I created a del.icio.us account and added a few random links. I think it will take me a while to get used to the interface. I actually found the whole thing puzzling when I first loaded up the PBCLS del.icio.us page. I couldn't really comprehend what I was looking at when I clicked on one of the "saved by x other people" links. Eventually, though, I figured it out, especially once I started adding my own links.
I'm not sure how useful this kind of thing would be in a library with regards to assisting the public. I definitely see the use of it in making my own set of bookmarks that can be accessed for any computer. Perhaps I'll hang on to my account!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment